Description: There has never been a better time to step into the world of performance support. Almost 80% of learning is done in the context of work at “the moment of apply”: a moment that most learning offerings don’t target. Now more than ever, employees require performance support and organizations are ready to provide it – whether they know it or not! This session will ground you in the fundamentals of performance support.
- What is (and what is not) performance support?
- The five types of performance support: the vital role they can play in your organization and where to start introducing them
- How performance support complements emerging trends and technologies like mobile learning and social networking
1. Defining performance support (5 Minutes)
2. Understanding the instructional importance of meeting the “5 Moments of Need” (10 Minutes)
3. The tools of performance support (10 Minutes)
4. Design structures for performance support (15 minutes)
5. Integrating performance support into the formal classroom (20 Minutes)