I managed to take my big box of stuff home the other night. I keep getting reminding of things that I am not going to miss, or things that I will.
Things that I will not miss:
- The post-doc and technicians in my current lab.
- The fact that the water is brown in this building.
- The undergrads taking up every available space.
Things that I will miss:
- The many options I have to eat lunch.
- My coffee shop (with perfect raspberry croissants).
- The lab next to mine.
- Kathy telling me ‘Happy Rainy Monday’.
- My labmates.
- Being able to drink coffee at my desk.
- My office.
Things that might be cool:
- Being in close proximity to a Whole Foods.
- Being in close proximity to my best friend’s place of work.
- Being in a relatively new building.
- Being the ‘responsible’ one.
- Getting to start again, knowing what I know now.